Friday, January 20, 2017

Reviews Are Coming In...

Best Women's Erotica of the Year, Volume Two, is starting to get reviews, so you can see what people are saying about the book if you're interested.

I'm particularly pleased at the many descriptors this review had to use to describe my story, "On Some Maps, But Not on Others": "M/F, F/F, S&M, voyeurism." And I'm glad to see love for T.C. Mill and other writers I admire as well.

In this review, I'm described as an author "familiar to erotica fans," which, hey, I guess so! Reminds me of the time, back when I was still fairly embarrassed about writing this stuff, that a woman asked me if my work was "anything she would have seen," and I replied, "Depends on how much erotica you read." I live for the moments I manage to be that witty.

Flippancy aside, I so appreciate everyone who takes the time to read my work and the work of the authors I share pages with. I don't like to comment on the opinions people express, because when I review stuff on Goodreads I like to pretend I'm talking just to other readers—I think that's who reviews are for. But it's a huge help to authors, editors, and publishers, too, when people leave reviews, because many of the websites that sell or recommend books are set up with algorithms that respond to things like quantity or quality of reviews. So if you've picked up or are planning to pick up this year's edition of Best Women's Erotica, please consider leaving a review once you read it. Even a sentence helps.

If you'd like to take a look at the book (or more of its reviews), you can find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment