Monday, April 4, 2011

Music Mondays: "Leather" by Tori Amos

"I can scream as loud as your last one, but I can't claim innocence." -- Tori Amos

A lot of my erotica comes out much darker than I mean it to, and I think some of it's that once I got under cover of a pseudonym, I started to tell the truth and the whole truth about what I know about sex, and, more importantly, people. I'm very inspired and affected by music, and I've wanted for a while to highlight some of the songs that I love, that told the truth to me, and that pushed or comforted me.

It's hard to think of a better way to start than with Tori Amos's incredible Leather, off the Little Earthquakes album. The song mixes vulnerability and aggression and stretches it to the breaking point. Give it a listen, and look for more posts on sexy music coming up in the future.

I'm borrowing Twitter's "Music Mondays" hashtag for these, since I figured everyone needs music to start the work week.

No comments:

Post a Comment