Saturday, February 13, 2016

Fetish Fair Fleamarket

Today, I can be found at the Fetish Fair Fleamarket in Warwick. Specifically, I'll be participating in two author readings: one at 10:45 a.m. in room 623 and one at 8 p.m. in Barrington.

I'll also be going to as many foot-related classes as my schedule allows. Assuming I'm not about to completely collapse after my night-time reading, I am totally going to a class about the foot fetishist as top, taught by P.E.T.E., one of my favorite, New England-area educators. This class is really interesting to me because it is an attempt to push back against the idea that foot fetishists are all submissive males.

The footie scene in New England has been really wonderful to me, and I'm forever happy to be involved with a group that has given me room to express my decidedly queer foot-related sexuality. I'm looking forward to seeing my feeps!


I'm still figuring out what to read during my two slots as of writing this post (several days ahead—don't worry!). Because I've got footies on the brain, I am tempted to read from one of the many foot scenes that somehow popped up in my writing. I may well do that—I'm considering scenes from Challenge Accepted or Icarus Bleeds or Never Not a Priest (which appears in the Devout anthology).

There are other things going on at the Flea, though. I'm thinking about my kinky butch-femme novella, Heated Leather Lover, and wondering if it's time to give a spotlight to the leather-fetish-having Yasmin. Then there's my love of masturbation and the many wild masturbation scenes in The Passenger.

Sometimes, it's also nice to read stuff that hasn't come out yet. There is a modern Arthurian retelling novel I've been working on for a while with a very sexy version of Galahad (as a queer mixed-race woman), and I've been thinking of pulling up some of her scenes.

So I'm not sure which of these things will make an appearance at the Flea, but maybe some of you will be there and will find out in person! For my part, when not reading, I'll be ogling the shoes...

No comments:

Post a Comment