Monday, March 5, 2012

Music Mondays: "Somebody That I Used to Know" by Gotye (featuring Kimbra)

"Told myself that you were right for me, but felt so lonely in your company. But that was love, and it's an ache I still remember."
--Gotye



The video is really what makes me clasify this song as "sexy." The loving journey of the camera up and down the singers' naked bodies totally works for me. Gotye's a normal-looking dude (not cut like a model or anything), but I found myself really enjoying the sight of him. Leg, chest, stomach, happy trail... We don't have enough images of naked men--there's this mistaken belief that people only want to look at women. (For more on that, see Hugo Schwyzer's excellent essay in Best Sex Writing 2012.)

And, um, Kimbra... I seem to have a bit of a crush.

Also, the song is awesome. Check out the harmonies between the two singers, the neat plucking effect of the background music, and the addictive chorus.

No comments:

Post a Comment