Friday, March 15, 2013

Review: The Big Book of Bondage: Sexy Tales of Erotic Restraint


The Big Book of Bondage: Sexy Tales of Erotic Restraint
The Big Book of Bondage: Sexy Tales of Erotic Restraint by Alison Tyler

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



The Big Book of Bondage covers an amazingly wide range of bondage erotica. The vast majority of the stories provide hot sex, innovative scenarios, and depth of feeling.

I read this book slowly over a period of time, and enjoyed it thoroughly. This book very much passed what I consider to be the key test -- the quality of writing and variety of settings and characters engaged me even in stories that don't hit my personal kinks. And when stories did hit my personal kinks -- hello there, "Eye Contact," by Derek McDaniel -- well, they hit them hard.

Some stories were softer but no less naughty, such as Donna George Storey's "The Naughty Chair," which I liked partly because it raised a favorite point of mine -- that bondage can take place in the mind, without props at all. Sharon Wachsler's "River of Beauty" is an unusual, poetic, powerful story about the transformative power of art.

And then there was Madeline Elayne's "Prey," which just floored me because I've never read anything like it. It was so raw, energetic, and dangerously sexual that the act of reading it exhilarated me.

This is a top-notch collection that anyone interested in bondage should check out.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment