Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Fancy Man on BDSM

I read a lovely description of a BDSM relationship the other night in Fancy Man and the Lipstick Lesbian, the latest book out by Thirteen:

It's not just about merging personalities, it's making sure the top cares and is inventive, is masterful, not just brutal. Likewise, the bottom has to be honest and open to new experiences, submissive but not passive. It's a very delicate balancing act, especially when it involves love and sex.

Thirteen has rapidly become one of my favorite authors, particularly for the sensitive, nuanced portrayal of BDSM featured in the Fancy Man series. Lipstick Lesbian is the third in the series, but each one so far has been a meditation on a fresh angle of what exactly it is that goes on between a dominant and a submissive. How are they filling each other's fantasies? Meeting each other's needs?

Fancy Man, the central character of the series, is absolutely compelling -- a creative, powerful dom who goes far beyond all the cliches.

I highly recommend every book in the series, especially for those interested in the psychology of BDSM.

(Note: Forbidden Fiction publishes Fancy Man, as well as some of my books, but I purchased Fancy Man entirely on my own, mentioned the book of my free will, and recommend it from the bottom of my heart.)

No comments:

Post a Comment