Monday, May 9, 2011

Music Mondays: "Kinda I Want To" by Nine Inch Nails

"Kinda I want to, maybe just for tonight. We can pretend it's all right. What's the price I pay? I don't care what they say -- I want to." -- Nine Inch Nails

Continuing my theme of erotic insanity, Nine Inch Nails' "Kinda I Want To" is all about the moment when you decide whether or not to give in. The song begins with the narrator seeing his desires as those of a devil who sleeps in his bed, and progresses through a seductive electronic beat until the narrator claims those desires as his own. At that point, "Kinda I want to" becomes an insistently repeated, "I want to." The qualms are pushed aside, and the erotic mistake will be made. This song makes the process of losing the struggle sound pretty damned good.

No comments:

Post a Comment