Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Stories I've Enjoyed (Coming Together Edition): "Quite Contrary" by Allison Wonderland


In honor of the Coming Together Share the Love Blog Bash, I thought that I'd feature Coming Together stories all month for "Stories I've Enjoyed."

Coming Together publishes erotic anthologies and standalone titles, and donates all proceeds to various charities.

The story I'm featuring today, "Quite Contrary" by Allison Wonderland, appeared in Coming Together: By Hand, a collection of masturbation stories that benefits the Coalition for Positive Sexuality.

"Quite Contrary" is about a woman who decides that having the first orgasm of her life is "the one gift that will suffice" for her 50th birthday. She masturbates for the first time, carefully preparing her room and setting aside the taboos she picked up from childhood:

"Ready or not, here I come," Mary giggles, as her hand advances toward her cunt. Her arm quivers, causing her to make a detour to her thigh. The pads of her fingers trek along the pallid skin, tickling the tiny flaxen hairs.

Parting her legs a fraction, she traverses the interior, her nails brushing against the powder pink lace sheltering her sex.

I found the story both hot and moving, a true sign of excellence. I like erotica, most of all, for its honesty, its willingness to go behind closed doors. This story is a great example. I like that Mary is 50. I like that Mary is brave. And I like that Mary learns how to give herself an orgasm.

For full disclosure, I've been published by Coming Together, but I bought Coming Together: By Hand and wrote this post entirely on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment